Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Salves

Making salves has turned into a hobby of mine as well.  As I have mentioned I have many allergies and sensitivities.  I also have one foot that itches and gives me all kinds of grief no matter how strict of a diet I follow.  I have tried everything under the sun to cure my foot.  Anything to stop the itching and weird little water-like blisters.  I even sought outside help to no avail.

You know what this means by now... I had to make something myself!  I have about as much experience making salve as I do soap and lip balm.  That amounts to... NONE.  I read the ingredient list of the salve I had gotten from the expert herb lady and started to formulate my own plan.  There were a few ingredients I absolutely refused to include in my salve so I had to think it through.  Getting the right consistency is something of a miracle for a novice.  I managed to come up with a mixture that allowed me to use entirely organic ingredients that are food grade.  I'm a firm believer that you should never put anything on your skin that you wouldn't eat. 

Now I have my foot under control and have a stock of various salves for different purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment